Messaging Portfolio Manager – Sales // Twilio
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for Messaging Portfolio Managers as part of our newly created Messaging Portfolio Sales team. You will be directly responsible for revenue growth from Twilio’s largest and most complex messaging customers. This team will own highly analytical and consultative sales cycles with customers that are running large scale, competitive sourcing programs ranging from vendor multi-sourcing, to auctions, and algorithmic real time trading. This role is highly cross functional, with deep integration with product management, finance and customers. Experience from other data intensive real time industries is required, for example advertising, investment banking, sales and trading, private equity, payments or other large scale messaging sales.
- 5+ years of combined experience in major account or strategic sales, managing or leading quantitative, highly analytical products or solutions for their customers.
- Comfortable working with business and highly technical leaders, while influencing their understanding and building supportive partnerships
- Analytical account development strategy based on using data to find opportunities and prove value
- Demonstrated track record of managing business forecasts and financial models
- Entrepreneurial mindset with appetite to define process and build programs
- Record of delivering market driven results, especially to scale and enterprise customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Domain expertise from a highly quantitative industry such as advertising optimization, investment banking, security or commodity trading especially in non-standard segments
- Deep experience working with telecom companies, including SMS aggregators, carriers, or global communications platforms
- Software, SaaS, CPaaS or PaaS experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years’ of experience required, MBA preferred
- Manage some of our largest accounts
- Develop, drive, and execute account strategy to deliver optimized margin and gross profit results every period
- Partner closely with other teams to identify new revenue opportunities within our largest Strategic Accounts
- Serve on a cross-functional account team with representatives from product, finance, and our delivery teams
- Run a disciplined forecast, consistently achieve on goals, and present guidance to executive management
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits and enterprises to make an impact on their consumer engagement.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is based out of our office in Soho Square, London W1D 3QB. You will enjoy our incredible perks: game area, snacks, ergonomic sit-stand desks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. Typically, you will be traveling at least 25% per month for this role visiting customers onsite. You will get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.