EMEA, Alliances Sales Engineer // Looker
September 25, 2019
WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE’VE GOT GOING ON
Looker is seeking a technically savvy Partner Solutions Engineer to demonstrate and articulate the value of our products to Looker’s fast growing partner ecosystem. In this role, you will collaborate with the partner, sales and services teams to deliver and continually improve our product demonstrations and trials. This includes sales scripts, customer needs discovery, partner technical skills evaluation, implementing prototypes alongside partner teams, developing and sharing expertise/training and guiding solution development/deployment. You will grow to possess breadth and depth of knowledge in data discovery and analysis, and will help shape the product and direction of the company by communicating market needs to the engineering team.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Develop customized presentations, demonstrations and prototypes of our software to articulate use cases and value to our partners
- Participate in sharing and helping sell the value of Looker’s products using multiple channels, including phone, presentation, and live online and in-person product demonstrations to existing and potential partners
- Manage partner evaluation, ensuring that they are engaging with the product, and understanding the fit of the resulting solution within their customers and wider ecosystem
- Articulate and educate on technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, architects, and IT professionals
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFPs as necessary, leverage and build upon existing knowledge base
- Stay up-to-date on product releases and new features, assist in training new hires, colleagues in the field and partners document and communicate product feedback and new requirements from the field
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- 3+ years of software pre-sales experience, preferably in Data Analytics
- Experience in Alliances and Channels or Consulting/Systems Integration a plus
- A passion for exploring data and extracting valuable insights
- Proven analysis and problem solving expertise
- Proficiency in SQLKnowledge of Database structure and designUnix/Linux Experience with business intelligence tools with a physical model (e.g., Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos) a plus.
- Experience delivering presentations and demonstrations to senior level business and technical audiences
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFPs
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quicklyAbility to travel up to 25%
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a unified Platform for Data that delivers actionable business insights to every employee at the point of decision. Looker integrates data into the daily workflows of users to allow organizations to extract value from data at web scale. Over 1700 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London, Tokyo and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube or visit looker.com.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.
Visit the company websiteLooker