Customer Journey Executive (German Speaking) – Internship // iwoca
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we’ve lent over £900 million to over 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
The Client Onboarding Team is responsible for managing and developing the early stage of the client relationship, ensuring clients are informed about our product and its advantages and benefits.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get to know iwoca from the inside and gain valuable experience for future roles in the company.
As part of our German customer service team, you will be our first point of contact for our German clients. You will be responsible for collecting business documents submitted by our clients and you will get the chance to develop a deep understanding of the SME customer base. As you will be working closely with customers, you will need to be a successful communicator and passionate about providing the best service possible.
Your mission will be:
- Building rapport with German business owners
- Handling inbound calls and making outbound calls to resolve customer issues and chase documents
- Pitching iwoca to customers who have already started the sign-up process but have not yet completed it
- Maintaining accurate customer records and update systems
- Ensuring that all necessary documents are in place to allow our Credit Analysts / Account Managers to make a lending decision
- Handling requests received through the live chat on our website or via email
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Strong communication & listening skills with an excellent telephone manner and a passion for delighting customers
- The ability to explain complex products and services to consumers
- The ability to “think outside the box” to make suggestions that will help us improve our products, systems and processes
- Basic understanding of business finance and accounting or the desire to acquire such understanding. We want you to develop a good business sense and an understanding of what makes SMEs tick
- Be ready to take on ownership within our team and communicate with other country teams
- A communicative personality and good team play skills
- Proactive self-starter approach, eager to be part of a young and dynamic team
- A perfect blend between sales, customer support and admin
Our dream candidate:
- Currently enrolled in a university program or recent graduate in a related field and available for either 5 or 6 months
- Highly motivated to learn more about the Fintech industry
- Confident over the phone and happy to speak to customers
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- Native German speaker with a high level of spoken English
- Ability to take a step back and understand the vision of iwoca (Germany)
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team – together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations – we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London – we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) – such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday