Cash and Transaction Manager // iwoca
Join one of Europe’s leading Fintech startups
At iwoca we believe finance should make life easier, not harder, for small businesses. When small businesses go to traditional lenders they are forced to deal with long waits, absurdly rigid criteria, and impersonal bureaucracies. We believe small businesses deserve a financing service that strips out the hassle; that gets to know each customer’s needs; that generates opportunities instead of problems. iwoca is finance, custom-built to expand possibilities for small business.
Your mission will be: to oversee and manage cash management and associated investor reporting activities in relation to our SPVs and financing arrangements. This will include a wide range of responsibilities that are vital for the smooth running of the business.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced, technically proficient and growth minded cash manager to our cash management function. You will have the opportunity to work with a business, with like minded teammates, that is committed to supporting SMEs.
Reporting the Head of SPV and Group Accounting, you responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and taking on responsibility for existing Cash Manager and Investor Reports, including the calculation of coverage and concentration covenants;
- Preparation of waterfall distribution in accordance with applicable priority of payments for each facility;
- Ensure that all transfers and withdrawals are made in accordance with the provisions of applicable transaction documents, and ledgers are updated accordingly;
- Manage the drawdowns events, including funding and note increase requests;
- Be the main point of contact for external transaction parties such as corporate service providers and auditors and internal teams to ensure the smooth ongoing management of the transaction;
- Identify opportunities to reduce risk and increase the scalability of existing processes through controls, procedures and technology enhancements. This will include the opportunity to work with our in house tech team to scope and implement reporting improvements; and focus on quality and accuracy to ensure operational and financial risk is mitigated
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Good analytical skills, high level of accuracy and attention to details
- Understanding of transaction documentation
- Be an effective team player
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and respond to changing environments
- Financially mindful of personal impact on the business
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better Must have previous experience in financial services
In return, you’ll get a say in how things are done, the opportunity to make a difference to small business owners, and to work on big and challenging projects.
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.