Business Development Representative // Square
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy, so we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started in San Francisco in 2009 with a little white credit card reader and we now serve millions of businesses around the world. We came to the UK in 2017, our fifth global market, and provide hardware and software solutions that help sellers of all sizes start, run and grow their business. We’re empowering SMEs across the UK to take card payments wherever their customers are – in person, by invoice, over the phone or online. Our Square Reader and Square Stand help our sellers accept Chip & PIN and Contactless payments quickly, easily and affordably. Our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re shortening the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Our UK Sales team is passionate about bringing new technology to UK merchants and works hard to make commerce easy for them. We’re a collaborative and empathetic sales team, focused on helping merchants of all sizes start, run, and grow their business – and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We are looking for Business Development Executives for our growing Sales team based in London. You will be responsible for educating and consulting merchants in the UK on Square Platform to help them grow. Your extraordinary communication skills help you connect with customers by email and phone – quickly establishing trust and rapport.
- Master the Square Platform capabilities and value to drive client conversations across a range of company sizes
- Develop and qualify new business opportunities with UK merchants
- Prospect and identify key decision-makers at target UK merchants and lay the foundation for a strong and long-lasting relationship with them
- Create and run campaigns to generate new sales prospects
- Lead in developing and circulating the set of best practices which are the foundation of our growing Sales team
- Roll up your sleeves as no task is too small
- Act as an outward-facing ambassador of Square’s beliefs, brand and products
- A previous experience and/or strong interest in outbound sales and prospecting
- Desire to start and grow a career in sales
- Excellent collaboration, written and verbal skills
- An assertive, resilient and persuasive personality
- A genuine curiosity about people and business
- A strong desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging and exciting environment
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.