Account Executive, UK // Square
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy, so we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started in San Francisco in 2009 with a little white credit card reader and we now serve millions of businesses around the world. We came to the UK in 2017, our fifth global market, and provide hardware and software solutions that help sellers of all sizes start, run and grow their business. We’re empowering SMEs across the UK to take card payments wherever their customers are – in person, by invoice, over the phone or online. Our Square Reader and Square Stand help our sellers accept Chip & PIN and Contactless payments quickly, easily and affordably. Our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re shortening the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Our sales organization is looking for a tenured account executive with strong experience and enthusiasm for outbound sales. You will be tasked with crafting an outbound strategy and working closely with a business development rep to build a book of business. Your entrepreneurial spirit and passion for problem solving will help in identifying ideal merchants that can grow with Square’s platform. You’re a quick learner, and you have a proven track record of negotiating and closing complex deals.
- Lead the charge introducing Square to merchants in all verticals: retail, food & drink, professional services, etc.
- Own the sales cycle from prospect to close and partner with internal teams to ensure successful on-boarding
- Consistently exceed quota through outbound efforts
- Understand the struggle of a customer
- Partner with Product and Marketing teams to ensure our solutions meet the needs of the market
- Leverage your prior sales experience to inform a creative go to market strategy
- Be aware of the unique opportunity you have to make a difference in the lives of the people you engage with
- A BA/BS degree or relevant experience
- 3+ years in a qualifying or prospecting role required
- Consistent success against quota
- Experience selling a complex ecosystem of products
- Hunting and cold calling experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and team player mentality
- Salesforce experience a plus
- The ability to drive deals independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.