Diversity & Inclusion Manager // Culture Trip
September 9, 2019
Culture Trip is a global hyper-growth startup operating in travel, media and entertainment. We create stories that reveal what is unique and special about a place, its people and its culture. In-house creative teams work with a global network of more than 300 freelance creators to produce articles, videos, photography, illustration and animation.
From just a dozen people in late 2016, the team has expanded to more than 250. This diverse group of software engineers, product designers, data scientists, editorial experts and content creators are spread across offices in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Alumni of companies including Google, Facebook, Expedia, Lonely Planet, Spotify, Bloomberg, Viacom, TripAdvisor and the BBC have joined recently. A recent Series B funding injection from PPF Group of $80 million has further propelled rapid growth. Monthly unique visitors to the site have gone from 4 million to nearly 20 million, cross-platform social followers have increased from 1 million to 7 million, and app downloads have leapt from 50,000 to 2 million. Culture Trip videos have been viewed more than 2 billion times. Culture Trip, founded by Dr Kris Naudts, has been named by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing companies to watch.
Everyone working at Culture Trip is driven by a shared vision: to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and connect with the world around them. We want to bring the world to everyone and in doing so bring everyone closer together.
As a company which strives to bring the world to everyone, diversity in our workforce, practices and thought is of crucial importance to us. We are looking for a Diversity & Inclusion Manager who can play a pivotal role in the continued implementation of our D&I strategy. Working in our People team, you will take the existing D&I strategy and initiatives we have developed and continue to implement and embed an inclusive culture. You will also work on increasing the diversity of our workforce and leverage the diversity in our freelance community, ensuring it is balanced and representative. You will work across all teams and levels of seniority, to drive the importance and execution of our strategy and maintain our inclusive culture. You will cultivate a culture of belonging across our diverse workforce, working to retain and attract talent. You should be highly passionate about architecting impactful diversity and inclusion projects, as well as cultivating high-performing teams.
- Continue to implement, deliver and embed Culture Trip’s global diversity & inclusion and wellbeing strategy – internally and externally
- Work collaboratively across teams to communicate Culture Trip’s values and goals, inspiring people to strive to achieve more
- Provide training throughout the business to promote best practices and ensure we maintain a diverse and inclusive culture
- Work with the Legal team to ensure compliance
- Hold senior leadership and employees accountable to ensure progression against our values, goals, and overall D&I strategy
- Support senior stakeholders and groups across the business in their knowledge and scope of D&I
- Take a data-driven approach, managing research projects and designing surveys to deliver key insights to the business
- Support our newly established employee network groups to pioneer and drive the existing D&I strategy
- Work with the People team to design programs and coaching initiatives to develop our in-house talent
- Work with our Recruitment team to maintain existing initiatives and launch new ones to attract diverse talent from diverse backgrounds
- Partner with our existing external organisations and networks to drive our diversity & inclusion strategy and create a positive societal impact
- Attend and organise events to maximise awareness internally and externally
- Work with our communications team to communicate the importance of our diversity & inclusion efforts, both internally and externally
Desired Skills & Experience
- Deep passion for diversity & inclusion, both in the workplace and in our wider society
- Experience of effectively partnering with internal stakeholders such as HR, recruitment, legal, communications teams
- Previous experience working in a high-growth company across different locations would be extremely beneficial
- Excellent people and communication skills, able to engage various stakeholders and influence without authority
- Track record of successfully implementing new processes and strategies, from conception through to design and implementation
- Adaptability and the ability to launch projects and initiatives from scratch
- Process-oriented, able to give evidence of data-driven decision making
- Creative, forward-thinking approach, able to innovate and problem solve
- Highly organised and detail oriented with the ability to manage different projects and priorities
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.
Visit the company websiteCulture Trip