Senior PR & Marketing Communications Manager // Klarna
October 14, 2019
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We’re growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
We are looking for someone who can help develop and scale our PR & communications strategy in the UK. The Klarna marketing and communications team is a driven, passionate and fun group of people focused on making Klarna a global brand and loved by consumers and merchants in the UK. We are dedicated and enthusiastic professionals who love being part of the growth journey of one of the most exciting and fastest-growing companies in payments and retail right now. In communications we want to provide a consistent narrative and we are intensely focused on crafting a relevant and engaging story that reflects what we do to make shopping and managing finances smoother. To find out more on what it is like to work at Klarna: https://www.klarna.com/careers/
- Manage the planning and implementation of media and communication strategies and activities in the UK market.
- You will move between retail trade and consumer audiences and to some extent also corporate communication contexts.
- Keep our communications in the region on message, pointed at our target market, and sharp enough to cut through the noise.
- Drive the development of creative communication campaigns, events and stories that convey the Klarna message in the best way.
- Identify marketing PR-opportunities pro-actively and execute when needed; PR pitch, content, storytelling, contact media, follow up.
- Deliver high-quality written materials reflecting the Klarna narrative, including press releases, blogs, editorials, infographics etc.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with media and other thought leaders and important stakeholders in the market.
- Together with our agency develop, pitch and place Klarna stories in top-tier media channels.
- Develop further the Klarna point of view on relevant local issues and our profile as a thought leader.
- Support on the development of merchant/partner case studies and wins, ensuring their stories are told into campaigns, news announcements, and other activities.
- Understand the value of social/digital media to advance Klarna’s business and communications goals.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
- You are customer-obsessed, proactive by nature, can move between high strategy and small details, relish problem-solving, want the ability to think creatively and love the satisfaction of awesome execution.
- You love to challenge the status quo, can quickly adapt to change and have the ability to prioritise your work.
- You like working in a team and while you let others shine, you know what it takes for the teams to deliver.
- Stellar communication skills and ‘always on’ mindset.
- Minimum 6-8 years experience as a Communications professional preferably in a high-growth and/or payments/retail/E-commerce environment.
- Experience/relationships with, and knowledge of, consumer, retail trade and fashion media.
- Strong track record of creative storytelling, proactive press outreach, and building relationships with journalists and stakeholders.
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams but also working with external partners preferable.
- Proven abilities to plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with senior executives.
- Previously worked with external agencies to create concepts and campaigns.
Should be included in your application
- Writing samples are always welcome
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments
Visit the company websiteKlarna