Senior Manager, Marketing Operations EMEA // Okta
JOB PURPOSE: The opportunity for Okta is massive: any company is a company we can make more productive and more secure. As every company becomes a technology company, Okta is the foundation that lets them make this transition successfully. Our vision is to bring the benefits of Identity to every company.
To help us achieve this ambitious growth objective we are seeking a seasoned marketing operations expert to create leverage for the business through automation and processes that scale.
The Sr. Manager of Marketing Operations EMEA is responsible for the strategy, design, execution, and operations of all marketing-facing systems from lead capture through delivery to sales. Equal parts product manager, account executive, and customer success champion for Okta’s marketing systems this role will be an instrumental part of our strategy and EMEA marketing team.
The ideal candidate brings expertise in marketing automation and CRM, fluency working with data and quantitative reasoning, excellent written and verbal communication skills, a deep understanding of B2B sales and demand gen (and empathy for demand marketers!), and most importantly, a passion for teamwork and collaboration. The ideal profile will have experience in a fast paced high growth environment with technology companies, SaaS or enterprise software.
The Sr. Manager of Marketing Operations will lead the EMEA marketing operations function and will oversee a small team of marketing automation specialists.
This role reports directly to the SVP CMO, EMEA, but the successful candidate will be expected to build a service oriented team that supports the entire EMEA marketing organisation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process: Develop, launch, and support automation and data collection policies and processes for the EMEA marketing and sales development team, in conjunction and with the support of the global marketing operations team.
- GDPR Compliance: Be a GDPR & Data Privcacy ambassador for the EMEA marketing team – ensuring that all marketers are trained on the latest proceses and tools. Act as the main point of contact between our EMEA marketers, our global privacy team and our suppliers.
- Marketing Automation: Manage a small team of marketing automation specialist. Take ownership of, and develop a lead scoring and nurturing program tailored to our EMEA needs.
- Database Management: Take ownership of the usage and updates to the EMEA database. Develop, launch and support a set of KPIs, reports and dashboards to monitor the progress of our contact acquisition strategy.
- Enablement: Train our team of marketers to best use the tools and processes you’ve developed for them. Build documentation in all appropriate media to make sure your customers are fully equipped to do their jobs. Be the go-to person for advice and questions. Develop a marketing on-boarding program for new EMEA marketing recruits.
- Budget Management: Put in place a robust set of processes to ensure efficient budget management across the team, and establish a regular
- Technology: Take ownership of the usage of our marketing tech stack in EMEA. Make sure it’s doing all that it can for us, and that your users are wildly successful with it. Stay up to date with the best tech and recommend new tools to give us an edge.
TECHNOLOGY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Marketing automation platform (Export knowledge of Marketo or Eloqua is a must)
- Salesforce automation (Expert knowledge of SalesForce.com is a must)
- Data management tools (Tableau experience highly desirable)
- Web analytics (Google Analytics and Adobe Omniture)
- Channel Funding Platform (e.g. Birc, highly desirable)
- Experience with DemandTools, Infer, Full Circle is preferred
- Proficiency with Excel data modeling and analysis skills
- Someone who is collaborative
- An analytical thinker, who is naturally curious
- Someone with the desire to see marketing work more smoothly and efficiently
- Someone who is goal-oriented
- Someone who can work in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable working under tight deadline pressure
- A problem-solver who can meet goals in creative ways with limited resources
- Someone who can identify and use resources outside direct reporting structure
- Someone used to and comfortable working with senior leaders
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.