Senior Director, Head of EMEA Marketing // Eventbrite
September 23, 2019
Over the past 10 years, the Eventbrite team has grown from a small but mighty group in San Francisco to a global community of 1000+ employees in over 12 countries. A major focus of our strategic plan has been an investment in the large opportunity across continental Europe. The primary objective for the Head of EMEA Marketing is to develop, direct, and oversee Eventbrite European marketing/business strategies and activities to achieve revenue, sales and profit targets.
The Eventbrite Marketing team is a centralized, multi-disciplinary group of marketers, strategists, designers, storytellers, and makers, who work across product groups and functions. We are designing the future and the today of the Eventbrite brand through every interaction within and outside of the product. We are specialists within our individual areas of expertise and collaborators to connect with, and support our customers at every touchpoint. Within continental Europe Eventbrite’s presence is in the UK, Ireland, Spain, Germany, and Benelux – this role is responsible for developing and implementing a cohesive regional strategy that drives continued business growth in the region across all stages of the marketing lifecycle. This includes brand awareness, customer acquisition/retention, and demand generation, with a dual focus on both the Sales and self-service areas of the business.
While based in London, you will lead a marketing team that reside in multiple markets across Europe with an overall remit to contribute to and champion global strategy while understanding the intricacies of regional challenges and goals. You will be a key part of marketing leadership as well as the cross-functional regional leadership team – ensuring continued rapid growth and commercial success. You will also work closely with our central and international marketing teams based in North America, APAC and LATAM ensuring continuity and efficiency of effort.
You are a strategic, commercially-minded, and creative marketing leader, who can lead, inspire, and mentor a team. You will be an analytical thinker, who blends deep experience in B2B marketing with creative energy that inspires action. You keenly understand acquisition marketing and demand generation and have a strong sense for how to use a range of marketing channels to drive growth throughout the customer acquisition funnel and beyond. You have led teams before and are comfortable operating in markets with multiple customer segments and verticals as well as a range of customer value tiers.
You are comfortable and confident when faced with ambiguity, excited to roll up your sleeves, figure it out and make it happen. You disrupt the status quo, go all in, and constantly innovate and create.
THE SKILL SET
- 15+ years of Marketing experience, ideally in a SaaS business or marketplace and with a deep knowledge of digital marketing
- A broad skill set comprising expertise and knowledge in brand, communications, product marketing, demand generation, digital channel marketing and customer lifecycle marketing
- A fast learner with a proven ability to adapt in real time in a fast changing environment
- A strategic mindset. Experience in market analysis and strategic planning. Able to develop, clearly articulate and execute a strategic vision
- Experience managing an OPEX budget including strategic investment allocation and ongoing tracking and measurement
- Experience in both B2B and B2C is highly desired
- Ability to work closely with all functions and teams across the business. A team player that helps the collective organisation achieve more
- An ability to lead complex projects and implementation across business groups and functions
- Highly creative with a lean towards innovative approaches to marketing and problem solving;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail, organised and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
- A proven track record of mentoring and developing a Marketing team, from recruiting to onboarding, training and ongoing professional development. Proven ability to develop and motivate staff
- A phenomenal people leader
- Strong work ethic with a proven desire to achieve and ability to perform in a complex, multi-disciplinary role
Eventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions –– by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
Visit the company websiteEventbrite