Product Marketing Manager, App and AppStore // Culture Trip
September 25, 2019
Culture Trip is a global hyper-growth startup operating in travel, media and entertainment. We create stories that reveal what is unique and special about a place, its people and its culture. In-house creative teams work with a global network of more than 300 freelance creators to produce articles, videos, photography, illustration and animation.
From just a dozen people in late 2016, the team has expanded to more than 250. This diverse group of software engineers, product designers, data scientists, editorial experts and content creators are spread across offices in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Alumni of companies including Google, Facebook, Expedia, Lonely Planet, Spotify, Bloomberg, Viacom, TripAdvisor and the BBC have joined recently. A recent Series B funding injection from PPF Group of $80 million has further propelled rapid growth. Monthly unique visitors to the site have gone from 4 million to nearly 20 million, cross-platform social followers have increased from 1 million to 7 million, and app downloads have leapt from 50,000 to 2 million. Culture Trip videos have been viewed more than 2 billion times. Culture Trip, founded by Dr Kris Naudts, has been named by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing companies to watch.
Everyone working at Culture Trip is driven by a shared vision: to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and connect with the world around them. We want to bring the world to everyone and in doing so bring everyone closer together.
We are looking for a Product Marketing leader with a commercial background to own our strategic marketing activities for mobile app growth. You’ll be responsible for opportunity assessments, business cases, and go-to-market activity, working closely with brand marketing, performance marketing, and of course product teams. This is a cross-functional marketing role in a largely greenfield environment that requires resilience, focus and drive.
A key part of the role is to grow our app presence, through product innovation with product teams and marketing activity on AppStores.
In this role, it’s going to be essential to keep an eye on the competition, find gaps in innovation and bring opportunity assessments to cross-functional teams backed up by market analysis and customer feedback.
- Develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy for scaling marketing activity across touchpoints in consultation with product, brand and growth teams
- Represent marketing in product development and roadmap planning
- Use existing analytics tools to feed into an overall experiments strategy
- Build business cases and proposals for mobile apps and store presence, and build relationships with app store teams
- Establish a reporting cadence of key performance indicators and own growth metrics in partnership with product teams
- This role may require travel to Tel Aviv
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in mobile app marketing and user onboarding
- Experience in conducting market analysis and research
- Knowledge and experience of app analytics tools, e.g. AppAnnie, Mobile Action, AppsFlyer or SimilarWeb
- Experience in partner integrations is a bonus
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Creative thinker
- Customer centric
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills
- BSc/BA, MBA preferred
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.
Visit the company websiteCulture Trip