Product Marketing Lead (London) // Pleo
November 7, 2019
Ahh, product marketing. When it’s poorly defined, it goes like this:
Product people build a product and put it on the proverbial shelf when it’s done.
Product marketing people come in and take said product off the shelf, and try to put it to market.
We want to do things a little bit differently at Pleo. Our scaling product marketing effort needs to be built on an integrated relationship between product, design, CS, sales and marketing – without a shelf insight. That is unless you need to convince a product manager that their fancy new feature is not yet ready for market launch.
So, what’s Pleo? It’s the business spending solution for smart businesses, of all shapes and sizes.
We are one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Europe, with an HQ in Copenhagen and offices in London, Stockholm, Berlin … and a few more along the way.
We recently bagged a $56 million dollar Series B round. We don’t say that to inflate our egos, only to highlight that we are onto something big in our aim to remove friction in business spending and unlock the future of work.
We’re already regarded as the easiest to use expense management software in the bizz, and now we are in a phase where we want to scale our product offering and and attract new forward-thinking companies as customers.
In short, this is an amazing product marketing opportunity.
We are looking for an energised and experienced product marketing [manager] lead, who likes to help shape great B2B products and present them to an incredibly diverse, international and enthusiastic customer base.
You’ll be taking on a highly cross-functional role, working with all the above teams, steering how we narrativise all the great stuff we are building at Pleo.
You will also play a key role in making decisions that inform our product roadmap, influence future product strategy, attract and onboard new Pleo customers.
PS. Extra gold stars if you can tell us where that shelf analogy comes from.
Things you will be doing:
- Lead Pleo’s product marketing efforts, including qualifying customer data, sparring with PMs and building best-in-class awareness, onboarding, engagement, and retention programs.
- Building a strong product marketing launch methodology which incorporates competitor analysis, positioning, distribution, sales enablement, reviews and retention.
- Prioritisation – help us define what is an important product announcement, vs. something that isn’t lead, customer or newsworthy.
- Develop and communicate value propositions that make Pleo stand-out in a competitive market, feeding directly into full-funnel marketing campaigns.
- Build and execute a strategy for how we can decrease time-to-value with our customer base, including onboarding, product adoption and driving expansion within new organisations.
- Increase MQLs while helping to define new customer retention principles.
- Build and help steer a strong feedback culture between product, CS, Sales, Marketing teams.
- Identifying potential strategic growth opportunities with product launches
- … and knowing when a product feature needs to be reworked, relaunched or binned, based on customer research, insights and performance marketing metrics.
- Building our product marketing force – with team growth shaped around your needs, capabilities and proven performance.
Your colleagues say you …
- are highly organised and resourceful, with an ability to drive focus, clarity and prioritisation.
- are a data-oriented storyteller.
- are an instinctive collaborator.
- have a menacingly good ability to marry formerly-impregnable data with creative insight, clarity and chutzpah.
- are unrelentingly curious and love to problem solve.
- are not afraid to speak up and be critical if you think a project lacks a solid WHY, a meeting goes off topic, or a thing the team is building won’t resonate with the target end user.
Your mum says that you …
- could have done just about anything when you grew up.
- were always trying to break and rebuild things as a kid.
- like to debate around the dinner table.
- would always be fascinating with “how-to guides” and instruction manuals as a youngster.
Who you are
- A proven-record product marketer … or product manager in a particularly awesome, marketing-driven SaaS company
- A laser focused project manager
- A master of comms – between product people, marketing folks and CS whizzes
Show me the benefits!
- Get your own Pleo card for no out of pocket spending, and full autonomy
- Flexible work: working from home when you want, where you want, why you want to (we trust you)
- Five weeks paid annual holiday
- Continual learning & development opportunities
- Team camps around the world – remotes flown in (around once a quarter) for team building and learning – next one will be in Northern Ireland. Just saying!
- An amazing office space in central Copenhagen, plus cool offices to visit in London, Berlin, Stockholm and … more still to come!
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Catered lunch in our HQ and London offices
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we’re talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc – we’ll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you’re working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we’ve seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending.
Being HQ’d out of Copenhagen means we’re inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don’t work in the office with us we’ll help you get up the best remote set up possible, and will fly you in once a quarter for team camps.
Sometimes, people write nice things about us
Visit the company websitePleo