Praktikum als Content & PR Assistant (m/w/d), Content & Social Media // iwoca
Who are we?
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we’ve lent over £900 million to over 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
Whilst we’ve come a long way, we’re really only getting started: our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
As a member of our German team, you’ll be working closely with the marketing and communications department as well as the leadership of the business. Your tasks will include the following:
- You’ll be part of a young team that continuously strives to improve the way in which we communicate with our customers, partners and the wider public
- You’ll find out how we can best target our audiences and convince them of our unique mission
- You’ll have excellent German language skills and an ability to communicate in line with our overall principles and tone of voice. You’re used to writing content that is designed to reach large audiences
- You’re also fluent in English so that you can actively participate in meetings with our international team and easily switch between our two working languages
- You’ll draft copy for our own communication channels as well as for press releases and media briefings, and you’ll also improve our existing materials where necessary so that people can’t help but click on our engaging content
- You’ll support the team in researching media contacts, publications and events which will help us reach our target audience
- You’ll be responsible for managing iwoca Deutschland’s social media channels and you’ll feed into the creative direction they’ll take
- You’ll easily create copy with added numbers, data, and statistics
- You’re used to working on your own initiative and you are not afraid to take responsibility for the success of small projects even at an early stage in your career. At iwoca, we’re all about combining creativity with an output-oriented approach
- We’re looking for a fast learner from a top university. Ideally, you’ll have gained first working experience in a field related to journalism, PR, online marketing, social media management or SEO content creation
- Experience in the finance and/or the start-up world would be an advantage, but is not necessary for a successful application
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team – together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations – we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London – we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) – such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance