Marketing & Business Development Internship – German speaking // iwoca
Who are we?
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we’ve lent over £900 million to over 50,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
Whilst we’ve come a long way, we’re really only getting started: our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
Joining our German marketing & bizdev team, you will work closely with the broader marketing team, country manager and senior management. Amongst others, your responsibilities will include:
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns for acquiring small business customers, including digital performance marketing, brand marketing and partnerships
- Analyse campaign performance, understand drivers of ROI, identify learnings and opportunities to optimise
- Optimise ongoing marketing activities – for example by improving conversion rate through messaging and targeting, streamlining processes
- Support the GM on partnership, product development and other growth projects
- Provide input on creative direction and strategy
- Research, negotiate and implement new market / development opportunities
- Keep up to date with industry developments and competitor activities
- Work on marketing-related documents and creatives and improve the existing material
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Creative. Our marketing is all about combining creativity with a data-driven approach. You should have lots of ideas and be passionate about working in a startup.
- Data-driven. As a fintech company, we base all our decisions on data gathered through every channel. You should be able to analyse it and communicate its results effectively
- Eloquent. You’ll need to be a fluent German and English speaker. In some situations, you’ll be the first contact and the voice of iwoca, so you should be self-confident in your demeanour
- Switched on. We’re looking for a fast learner from a top uni. Ideally you’ll have some experience in a B2B marketing related field, a startup or other relevant internships
- Reliable. You need to be able to work independently and have an organised, methodical approach, as you will be entrusted with high impact tasks from day one
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.