Lead SEO Manager (Editorial) // Culture Trip
September 9, 2019
Culture Trip is a global hyper-growth startup operating in travel, media and entertainment. We create stories that reveal what is unique and special about a place, its people and its culture. In-house creative teams work with a global network of more than 300 freelance creators to produce articles, videos, photography, illustration and animation.
From just a dozen people in late 2016, the team has expanded to more than 250. This diverse group of software engineers, product designers, data scientists, editorial experts and content creators are spread across offices in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Alumni of companies including Google, Facebook, Expedia, Lonely Planet, Spotify, Bloomberg, Viacom, TripAdvisor and the BBC have joined recently. A recent Series B funding injection from PPF Group of $80 million has further propelled rapid growth. Monthly unique visitors to the site have gone from 4 million to nearly 20 million, cross-platform social followers have increased from 1 million to 7 million, and app downloads have leapt from 50,000 to 2 million. Culture Trip videos have been viewed more than 2 billion times. Culture Trip, founded by Dr Kris Naudts, has been named by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing companies to watch.
Everyone working at Culture Trip is driven by a shared vision: to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and connect with the world around them. We want to bring the world to everyone and in doing so bring everyone closer together.
The Lead SEO Manager (Editorial) will work closely with the Editorial teams, writers and the technical SEO Manager, as well as various internal teams such as web development and social media.
Culture Trip is looking for an ambitious SEO Team Lead with experience in content marketing, preferably the publishing sector to work with the editorial teams and writers. The candidate will work with the editors by identifying and closing content gaps and creating successful on-page campaigns, as well as consulting and advising on SEO best practice. The person will be required to strategise, apply the latest industry knowledge to optimise from single pages to site sections/full website, scale out traffic driving content hubs and create a search friendly information architecture. He or she is expected to adapt our global SEO strategy to the individual sections and plan supporting activities in the best possible way, identifying growth areas and stitching together individual content pieces with a strong, easy to crawl and clear internal linking structure.
This position is suitable for a candidate with comprehensive SEO knowledge covering on- but also off- pages tactics and strategies.
- Supporting Hubs and Genres content teams with insights, content gap analysis on trends, content and keyword planning and on-page optimisation of high value pages
- Putting forward editorial recommendations, both for headlines and content across three main categories: evergreen content, forward planning and seasonal content
- Support and educate editorial team with understanding SEO to improve optimisation and search traffic from the start
- Reporting on performance against benchmarks and proposing improvements or alternative approaches
- Build a robust SEO content process to ensure new SEO requirements are identified and built into the commissioning/publication workflows.
- Manage, maintain and increase the online presence of Culture Trip’s website by utilising modern organic on-page search and online marketing techniques.
- Research new SEO industry developments, tactics and strategies.
- Lead development of new SEO approaches and products areas
- Created genuinely integrated SEO strategies
- Team player and leader, with proven team management experience
- Passion for coaching and developing team members
- Proven track record in a SEO role
- People Management
- Able to create, justify, communicate and implement organic search strategies to the SEO team, internal teams and external writers
- Proven track record of developing successful ethical campaigns that result in the acquisition of high-quality inbound links.
- Knowledge of on- and off page ranking factors and optimisation techniques
- Confidence working within cross-functional, squad based, international teams
- Digital content management (CMS) experience, understanding of HTML
- Experience using 3rd party tools such as Google Search Console, getStat, AHREF, SEMRush, Moz, MajesticSEO etc.
- Passion for Digital and Search Marketing
- Experience within the travel/publishing industry
- Degree-level education
- Proficient in google doc, slide etc applications
- Fluent written and spoken English with excellent grammar and spelling
- Relevant degree/post-graduate degreeInterpersonal Skills
- Self-starting individual
- Ambitious and enthusiastic team playerHighly articulate / excellent communication skills
- Happy to share ideas and offer suggestions
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.
Visit the company websiteCulture Trip