Freelance UX Writer // Culture Trip
November 6, 2019
Culture Trip is a global hyper-growth startup operating in travel, media and entertainment. We create stories that reveal what is unique and special about a place, its people and its culture. In-house creative teams work with a global network of more than 300 freelance creators to produce articles, videos, photography, illustration and animation.
From just a dozen people in late 2016, the team has expanded to more than 250. This diverse group of software engineers, product designers, data scientists, editorial experts and content creators are spread across offices in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Alumni of companies including Google, Facebook, Expedia, Lonely Planet, Spotify, Bloomberg, Viacom, TripAdvisor and the BBC have joined recently. A recent Series B funding injection from PPF Group of $80 million has further propelled rapid growth. Monthly unique visitors to the site have gone from 4 million to nearly 20 million, cross-platform social followers have increased from 1 million to 7 million, and app downloads have leapt from 50,000 to 2 million. Culture Trip videos have been viewed more than 2 billion times. Culture Trip, founded by Dr Kris Naudts, has been named by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing companies to watch.
Everyone working at Culture Trip is driven by a shared vision: to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and connect with the world around them. We want to bring the world to everyone and in doing so bring everyone closer together.
We are looking for a freelance/contract UX Writer to sit in our UX & Design team to establish our in-Product tone of voice throughout the site and App. Initially they would be helping create a UX tone of voice style guide, rewrite existing microcopy and then handling new requests for UX copy for the site and App.
This would initially be a part-time freelance/contract role, with the potential for the number of days to grow, as the role develops.
The UX Writer will live and breathe the Culture Trip brand and bring it to life in the Product. They will work directly with UX and Design, Product and Marketing teams to use copy to help create a best-in-class user experience. This role reports into the Director of UX and Design.
Primary Area of Focus – UX Writing:
- Audit all site and app UX copy
- Propose a consistent in-Product tone of voice for how we talk to the user, in line with our Brand tone of voice
- Rewrite all the existing in-Product copy
- Working with UX Research to test effectiveness of copy in the user journey, particularly around transactional copy
Secondary area of Focus – Product Marketing:
- Help with messaging of features and marketing modules on site
- Product marketing copy
- Direct-to-consumer comms: newsletter messaging, transactional emails, faqs, etc.
- Copy for concepts or prototypes used in marketing research
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding UX copywriting skills
- Demonstrated experience with writing UX copy for a consumer facing digital product or service, site or App
- Deep understanding of the role that copy plays in the user experience
- Experience writing transaction/ecommerce-related copy would be helpful
- Experience with creating UX writing guidelines ideal
- Proactive in engaging with stakeholders
- Adaptable and able to work cross-functionally
- Able to manage and prioritise projects
- Ideally experience of working in a start-up environment
We’ll consider remote working applicants, but you would have to be available for occasional meetings in GMT working hours
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.
Visit the company websiteCulture Trip