Corporate Communications UK // Klarna
December 19, 2019
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We’re growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
We are looking for someone who can help develop and scale our corporate communications in the UK. The Klarna communications and public affairs team is a driven, passionate and fun group of people focused on making Klarna a global brand that is respected and loved by consumers and merchants. We are dedicated and enthusiastic professionals who love being part of the growth journey of one of the most exciting and fastest growing companies in one of the hottest industries, fintech, right now. You will play a key role in maintaining and improving the Klarna’s standing and reputation, through developing & implementing external communications and engagement strategies. You will work closely with the senior stakeholders and heads of the business in the market, while developing and managing our proactive and reactive UK communications activities.
What you will do
- Manage the planning and implementation of corporate media and communication strategies and activities in the UK market, as well as coordinate with Group messaging and initiatives.
- You will need to be able to move between multiple audiences and contexts.
- Keep our communications in the region on message, pointed at our target market, and sharp enough to cut through the noise.
- Drive the development of campaigns, events and stories that convey the Klarna message in the best way.
- Identify opportunities pro-actively and execute when needed; pitch, content, storytelling, contact media, follow up.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with media, thought leaders and relevant stakeholders in the market.
- Define key messages on key topics relevant to Klarna business and deliver high-quality written materials reflecting the Klarna narrative and position, including press releases, memos, blogs, editorials, infographics etc.
- Develop further the Klarna point of view on relevant local issues and our profile as a thought leader.
- Engage with the relevant industry groups and forums on key issues relating to the Klarna core business.
- Work together with internal spokespeople to develop their external platform and messaging through interviews, op-eds and speaking engagements.
- Coordinate with various internal teams to support announcements, program updates and more.
- Understand the value of social/digital media to advance Klarna’s business and communications goals.
Who you are
- Passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
- You are customer obsessed, proactive by nature, can move between high strategy and small details, relish problem-solving, want the ability to think creatively and love the satisfaction of awesome execution.
- You love to challenge the status quo, can quickly adapt to change and have the ability to prioritise your work.
- Stellar communication skills and ‘always on’ mindset.
- Minimum 8 years experience in corporate communications preferably in a high-growth and/or payments or banking environment.
- Demonstrable experience in having developed strategic communications plans.
- Strong track record of proactive media outreach, and building strong relationships with journalists and stakeholders.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams but also working with external partners preferably.
- Proven abilities to plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with senior executives.
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage complex issues in a regulated environment.
In order to apply, please send us the following:
- Writing samples are always welcome
- Any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments
Visit the company websiteKlarna