Communications Lead, UK // Robinhood
About the Company
Robinhood is democratising our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in. Since launching in the U.S., Robinhood has empowered more than six million Americans to participate in the financial markets. Now, we’re working on bringing Robinhood’s commission-free investing platform to the UK, our first international market. Be a part of the small and fast-growing London team that’s scaling our mission globally.
Robinhood was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016), a CNBC Disruptor 50 (2019), and recognised on LinkedIn’s Top Startups list (2018 & 2019). We’re backed with more than $860 million in capital from top-tier investors and were most recently valued at $7.6 billion. Robinhood has offices in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida, and London, United Kingdom.
About the Role
In the UK, a lot of people don’t yet know about investing and very few people know how Robinhood can help them invest. You are here to change that. We’re looking for our first Communications team member outside of the US, to design and build the UK communications strategy. This person will understand the pain-points of potential customers and develop communications strategies to overcome them, help shape Robinhood’s corporate and consumer narrative, highlight business momentum and build our consumer brand as we look to grow the UK business. Reporting into our UK President, you will set up and execute communications strategies for critical business announcements and milestones, establish our tone for various communications issues, and be a trusted leader within the company. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing company as the first communications person outside of the US.
In this role, you’ll:
- Spend time talking to, and gathering data about our customers and potential partners, to inform your communications strategies
- Communicate closely with top business, technology, and financial media about our products and business
- Collaborate with multiple teams across the company such as Product, Engineering, Legal, Compliance, People, and Marketing
- Be a trusted advisor to our UK President
- Strategically identify opportunities for the company to create or join public conversations to shape viewpoints
- Handle proactive and reactive communications around topics related to security, privacy, employment and culture, regulation, and more
- Develop communications plans around sensitive matters, and execute as needed
- Be a key partner to, and collaborator with the larger communications team, and support other announcements
- Manage agency partners as needed
- Create communications materials (blog posts, messaging documents, statements, briefing materials, and more)
Some things we consider critical to being a strong UK Communications candidate:
- 5-9 years of communications or public relations experience in-house or at a top agency
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Existing relationships with technology and business press
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with different (and often changing) deadlines