Campaign Planning Manager // Square
We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy, so we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started in San Francisco in 2009 with a little white credit card reader and we now serve millions of businesses around the world. We came to the UK in 2017, our fifth global market, and provide hardware and software solutions that help sellers of all sizes start, run and grow their business.
We’re empowering SMEs across the UK to take card payments wherever their customers are – in person, by invoice, over the phone or online. Our Square Reader and Square Stand help our sellers accept Chip & PIN and Contactless payments quickly, easily and affordably. Our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re shortening the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Square is looking for a strategic, creative, and results-oriented Brand Manager to join our London-based marketing team. This is a newly created multifaceted role with scope to grow. You will act as the champion for Square as a brand in the UK and focus on campaigns and projects that deliver both short term brand awareness growth and long term brand affinity and loyalty. You will oversee brand media planning, event / experiential marketing, and local marketing such as community projects. You will manage our brand media agency locally and partner with marketers and creatives across Square both locally and across the globe to develop and deliver go-to-market campaigns. You will measure, analyse and optimise campaign performance. Reporting to the Head of UK Marketing, the ideal candidate will have generalist marketing experience with strong media planning experience and a keen creative eye, as well as an analytical streak.
- Be subject matter expert on above-the-line media planning and campaign execution.
- Manage planning and implementation of brand marketing initiatives that drive Square brand awareness and brand affinity with small business owners and decision makers across the UK.
- Develop media plans and manage media budgets to maximise effectiveness.
- Develop internal and external media media and creative briefs for campaigns, product launches, and other projects.
- Develop and execute event and experiential plans and local marketing strategies in conjunction with our partnerships and communications teams.
- Work cross-functionally with the product, product marketing, creative and other marketing partners to build the brand and deepen customer engagement.
- Analyse and report on the brand competitive landscape.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer mindsets, attitudes, & behaviors.
- 5+ years of work experience in a similar position.
- Relevant undergraduate and/or postgraduate qualifications.
- Experience working with large cross functional teams across multiple locations.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills – you would never say ‘brand can’t be measured’.
- The ability to work well with others, build trust within a team, and work effectively in a highly collaborative and global team environment.
- Strong organisational skills and can manage multiple projects (and associated stakeholders) simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter attitude and a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand.
- Genuine interest and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed.
Experience in B2B, B2C and e-Commerce
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.