Technical Program Manager // Culture Trip
October 31, 2019
Culture Trip is a global hyper-growth startup operating in travel, media and entertainment. We create stories that reveal what is unique and special about a place, its people and its culture. In-house creative teams work with a global network of more than 300 freelance creators to produce articles, videos, photography, illustration and animation.
From just a dozen people in late 2016, the team has expanded to more than 250. This diverse group of software engineers, product designers, data scientists, editorial experts and content creators are spread across offices in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Alumni of companies including Google, Facebook, Expedia, Lonely Planet, Spotify, Bloomberg, Viacom, TripAdvisor and the BBC have joined recently. A recent Series B funding injection from PPF Group of $80 million has further propelled rapid growth. Monthly unique visitors to the site have gone from 4 million to nearly 20 million, cross-platform social followers have increased from 1 million to 7 million, and app downloads have leapt from 50,000 to 2 million. Culture Trip videos have been viewed more than 2 billion times. Culture Trip, founded by Dr Kris Naudts, has been named by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing companies to watch.
Everyone working at Culture Trip is driven by a shared vision: to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and connect with the world around them. We want to bring the world to everyone and in doing so bring everyone closer together.
This is not an easy task. We combine a global network of talented freelance writers, illustrators, videographers, photographers, animators with a data science driven tech platform that continuously monitors the interactions between users and content to analyse quality and identify gaps, understand what’s working and what’s not, and then to automatically guide content creation through insight and suggestion tools.
As we build our Engineering teams we require an Technical Program Manager with a strong focus on delivery to instil Agile values, processes and an ethos of self-management. Working with cross-functional teams, you will create safe to fail environments focused on experimentation, metrics, learning, team effectiveness and delivery. You will be equally at home developing and coaching teams on new processes, facilitating Agile events, or coaching senior leadership.
You will keep abreast of Agile developments and techniques, team effectiveness, change management and coaching. You will regularly inform and train Engineering teams as well as other areas of the business on Agile processes. As an Agile Coach you will influence culture and process whilst enabling our teams to build a world class process and culture themselves.
- Coaching cross-functional Agile teams and individuals
- Develop and deliver Agile training and brown-bag sessions
- Constantly assist teams to refine and adapt their processes
- Facilitate Agile events
- Instil an ethos of self-organisation across teams
- Enable a focus on metrics for continuous improvement, within teams and across the programme
- Strengthen the culture of open communication, feedback and collaboration
- Improve collaboration across teams, sites (London and Tel Aviv) and disciplines
- Supporting and ensuring the effective running of Guilds (Communities of Practice)
Desired skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge of Agile and Lean methods, ideally experience as an agile coach
- Hands on facilitation experience of Agile events
- Using data to drive continuous improvement
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to coach individuals and teams, across all levels of the business
- Working with international, distributed teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of an organisation.
- Willingness to learn
- Able to thrive in a high growth, fast changing environment
- Earlier experience as a software engineer is beneficial
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.
Visit the company websiteCulture Trip