Senior People Manager // Peak
Peak’s mission is to boost people’s wellbeing in a smart way. We make digital products that add value to your world and help you enjoy life more. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly producing Peak – Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile, downloaded over 50 million times globally. Peak – Brain Training was chosen by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as a leading example of smart mobile technology. 2019 is an exciting year for the business, which sees us building on our success as the market leader and expanding into new verticals.
Joining us as the stand alone People manager, you will be responsible for building an exceptional team, attracting and retaining top talent across the business and ensuring that our values and culture thrive internally. You will have full ownership of the full aspect of HR. If you are bubbly, energetic and ambitious, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a great team, work on a truly meaningful project and develop your professional and personal skills.
What you will do:
- Talent Acquisition – sourcing, attracting and recruiting the best talent; being a brand ambassador and driving recruitment excellence.
- People Partnering – providing a dedicated People Partnering service in all areas of the employee life cycle, coupled with making our team feel supported.
- Employee Engagement – our people are at the heart of what we do. Continuing to build and innovate upon our culture and engagement, to create the ultimate place to work.
- Talent Development – helping to develop our super talented team by managing and delivering ongoing learning programmes, career path and initiating new projects.
- People Operations – taking an innovative approach to best operational practice with our processes, policies and procedures. Ensuring all HR and administrative processes run efficiently, from payroll, contracting, on/ offboarding, performance management and data integrity with HRIS.
- Change Management: being the change agent who helps in any circumstances the people who will lead the change as well as the people subject to change.
- Team management – managing our Office / HR Support manager and growing the team when needed
- Total Reward – managing our company benefits, ensuring we remain competitive (pension, health, bonuses) and ahead of the curve with how we compensate and reward employees (salary benchmarking).
You will need:
- 3-5 years HR generalist, including 1-3 years management ideally, with knowledge in Talent Management including recruitment, Performance Management, L&D and ER
- You are a natural problem-solver and team player, always striving to overcome challenges and improve processes
- You embody our culture and values (openness, team player, caring and mission driven)
- You are an excellent communicator with great empathy and solid writing skills
- Experience in high-growth Tech startups is desirable
- Eligible to work in the UK.
Why you should work with us:
We are an ambitious company, so we aim high in everything we do. We believe we can have a real impact on the world. We recognise that to do this we need to be open to new ideas and to challenge one another every day to ensure real personal and professional growth. Ultimately, we care about each other and we know that we will succeed as a team (it’s why we make time to play pool, board games and video games together). In our view, ambition, openness and teamwork are the surest way to achieve our amazing goals. 2018 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leading brain training service and expand into new verticals.