VP, Product // MarketInvoice
At MarketInvoice, we celebrate entrepreneurs, founders and business owners. They bring strength to our economy and are building the world we all want to live in. MarketInvoice is one of the UK’s leading Fintechs and we use smart technology, backed by help from real people, to deliver flexible business finance solutions, directly and quickly. Our online platform and proprietary risk model enable us to provide business loans and advance cash against outstanding invoices, in the form of working capital funding, so that businesses can get on with growing – instead of having to worry about cash flow. We believe in the endless possibilities that arise when entrepreneurs have more time to focus on what they love.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL HAVE
As VP, Product, you’ll be the CEO of one of our product lines, responsible for the product vision and strategy, its P&L and the overall product development and execution. You’ll also invest in your tribe (Product & Design), putting in place key product processes and creating a culture of high-performance.
As our VP, Product, you’ll:
- Own our product strategy, identifying the target market, customer segments and unique selling points that our product suite needs to deliver in order to succeed.
- Lead and coach a high-performing team of Product Managers and Designers to run effective products that deliver customer and business value.
- Own the product and customer development process for the company as a whole, helping your teams to test hypotheses, break down complex problems and ensure good feedback loops are in place
- Be able to take charge of a single business area and act as CEO, defining, validating and getting approval from the Leadership Team for your business area’s business plan, assessing the market opportunity and creating an execution strategy
- Set up your business area for success, making sure you define goals to be achieved, build a team of internal and external hires, assign responsibility and deliver on commitments
- Undoubtedly get your hands dirty in your product area, conducting business analysis and working alongside engineers and designers to build/ship/optimise features
Ready to help UK businesses build the future? APPLY NOW!
We will do our best to reply to all applications, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.
You’ve led successful software products (preferably in the B2B / finance area) across all stages of the product life cycle, and have ideally worked in a fast paced, high-growth environment.
Your strengths could include your ability to:
- Work through others and maximise the talent in your team
- Get up to speed quickly on new subject matters, asking questions to build knowledge and being open to and encouraging constructive criticism
- Understand how product changes impact business outcomes and KPIs
- Know when to employ different product management styles (e.g. MVP, optimisation)
- Develop and support other PMs and Designers
- Speak to the technical teams about the software and, at the same time, communicate complex product problems to commercial stakeholders
- Identify market opportunities by leveraging your knowledge of financial products, particularly in the SME space
- Set up and manage teams, knowing when to hire and bring in new skills to the team (e.g. Product Marketing)
- See value in design and creating experiences that delight customers
Not only will you have the opportunity to make a huge impact at one of the UK’s leading Fintechs, you’ll also have access to:
- Best in class share options scheme
- Best in class private health coverage, including many benefits such as half price Virgin Active gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Amazon Kindle and unlimited book allowance
- 25 days of annual leave per year, plus your birthday off
- A great office (complete with roof terrace, awesome facilities and a community feel) in the heart of vibrant Shoreditch