Senior User Researcher // Lyst
We want to make it easy for anyone to find the fashion they’re looking for, whatever their style. We’re doing this by building a truly global fashion search platform.
As a Senior User Researcher at Lyst, you’ll be an advocate for user research across the business. You’ll help us deepen and nurture our understanding of our customers and partners around the world and play an integral role in helping us make business and product decisions that bring value to our users.
Lyst is the largest fashion search platform in the world. In the last year, over 80 million shoppers used the platform, which in the last twelve months launched localized experiences in 14 countries including France, Germany, Russia and Japan. Lyst brings together an unparalleled inventory of 5 million products from 12,000 partners ranging from Gap to Gucci.
Established in 2010 and with a team of around 140 engineers, product designers, product managers, marketeers, stylists and more, we are serving both our customers as well as our brand partners with every feature we build. This requires both commercial sensitivity as well as user-centered thinking, and means there are plenty of complex and exciting design and research challenges to solve.
Recently, we’ve been working on:
- More powerful tools for searching a massive inventory. We have millions of fashion items on Lyst, so how do we blend design and data science to only show what’s relevant?
- Smarter ways to learn about our customers’ preferences, and more useful ways to filter results. How can we build something that gets better every time you use it?
- New ways of inspiring our customers – how can we help everyone discover and access the world’s fashion?
Team and Role
You will join as the sole researcher on our team. This means you will have the opportunity to put in place strong foundations and set the course for the evolution of the User Research discipline at Lyst. Depending on the growth of the team, as well as your own skill set and career development objectives, this will also afford you the opportunity to grow into a research leadership role.
Specifically, you will:
- Identify, plan, deliver and analyse both exploratory and evaluative research to support teams across the company in building a great product
- Guide teams across the company in interpreting and actioning outcomes from research you have conducted
- Work with product managers, product designers and managers across the company in identifying and prioritising research needs
- Help us improve as a team and company. You’ll help us ensure we leverage research effectively, interview potential new team members, introduce new practices, mentor others, and help us build a more user-centered culture.
What matters most to us is your expertise, mindset and what makes you, you – rather than a particular career path or background. The below is to give you a sense of what we’re generally looking for. Please do consider applying even if you feel that not all of these apply to you – if we can help you improve and grow in some of these areas, all the better!
- Experience conducting research in an in-house environment – ideally you will have worked in close collaboration with designers, product managers and engineers
- Experience deploying a wide range of research methods to suit the project – it’s particularly important that you have experience working on both formative and evaluative projects
- Commercial pragmatism – you’ll have a keen interest in how the business works, and will be able to translate this into your own decision-making
- Great listening and communication skills – you’ll be able to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely to colleagues at all levels of the business
- A healthy degree of pragmatism to know where research can be most impactful, and where it’s not a good use of your time – especially early on, you’ll have to be comfortable deciding between competing priorities
Closing Date for applications: 22nd September 2019