Product Owner (contract) // Tide
As a Product Owner at Tide (fondly referred to as a Tidean, a mighty challenger of the banking world) you’ll join an ambitious team of highly motivated, talented Tideans who love to collaborate, and are driven by helping people achieve their business ambitions. We live and breathe our values, which are to put our members first, work as one team and be data driven, as part of our team, they’ll matter to you too.
As part of this team as a Product Owner (contract), you would be working hand-in-hand with designers, developers and marketers, to ensure the acquisition journey flows seamlessly from intent to open account. This includes conversion optimisation and in-app journeys. We are a small team of highly capable people who believe passionately in the problem we are solving, collaborate closely with direct feedback, and encourage action over deliberation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a full stack development team (iOS, Android, Web, Back-end) to deliver conversion improvements and existing roadmap items in an agile, data-driven way within the quarter
- Plan the deliverables for the team, how to measure them and how to set measures of success
- Leading by example: not only will you lead a product team, but you’ll be hands-on and spend time delivering and documenting
- Working with other product teams, understanding their potential and providing insights
- Communicating product changes with the satellite team and keeping them in the loop
- Above all, you will scale things through high-pace delivery with overwhelming efficiency
- Dreaming up asset production options and deliver recommendations
Let’s not beat around the bush. We’re an international scale up, we’re busy! If fast paced environments, cross team exposure, inquisitive freedom and the ability to have a real impact on a rapidly growing scale up appeals to you, then you already have the mind of a Tidean. If you have that along with the following experience, we’d love to hear from you.
- You will have a background in Product Management and have a passion for Development, Delivering Products, Marketing and Data.
- You’ll be able to use data in innovative ways and draw insight and analytics to drive the next steps of development
- You’ve spent time in different startups / tech businesses working on delivering integrated product experiences across mobile (iOS, Android), web and even paid channels
- You’ve worked in finance, consulting, technology, started your own company, or done something else that was challenging
- You’re logical, and see data as a crucial part of decision-making, but know when to stop analysing and start acting
The highly desirables:
- You’ll have experience both client-side and agency-side and you enjoy working in a complex and technical industry.
- You are all over agile methodologies – Scrum and/or Kanban – more practice than textbook of course
- Experience with testing across all possible and meaningful opportunities – creatives, messaging, audiences, user stories, prioritisation
- Experience with creative production / You may be hands-on with Photoshop yourself or are comfortable working with designers
- Experience with data-driven segmentation, targeting and a/b testing, analytics and BI tools
With over 100,000 members, we’re the leading provider of SME business accounts in the UK. Why? Because we’re solving a real world problem by being passionate about helping our Members.
SME’s have been underserved and overlooked by traditional banks for years. In an entrepreneurial age where everyone is expected to take a shot, traditional banks have not evolved with the needs of the market. That’s where Tide comes in.
With quick on-boarding, low fees and innovative features, we thrive on making data driven decisions to help SMEs save both time and money.
Here’s what we think about diversity and inclusion…
Diversity is what makes our world interesting. Fact. We don’t build our product for one type of person, Tide is here for everyone. And that’s how we build our teams. We’re a melting pot of different cultures, races, religions, girls who like girls, boys who like boys and those who like both. We’re proud of the fact that we represent society and it will always be our mission to do so. Everyone here is given a voice, and if you like the sound of that, we’d encourage you to come and find your voice here, too.