Product Owner // Chip
We’re Chip, we’re building the world’s best savings account.
We’re using cutting edge tech and AI to shake up the slow, stagnant and old-fashioned savings market.
We’ve built a clever app that makes saving easier, faster, and smarter. It makes your financial goals happen automatically, and gets you feeling good about your money.
We’re growing fast, and we have some very exciting plans. So we need a Product Owner to help us make them happen.
We need a Product Owner with strong UX background who understands what our customers need and will act as their champion within Chip.
What we’re doing isn’t easy and no-one’s ever done it before. We need someone who can look at complicated banking infrastructure, cutting edge technology and find ways to make it simple, better, more human.
We need a problem solver. A doer. Someone who can make the technical simple, the complex clear, who’s not afraid to take ownership of big challenges facing our product, find solutions, and communicate comfortably and clearly with every level of the business.
We know the solutions won’t always be simple, but you should be able to explain them in a simple way.
And the most important word in all of this is ‘Owner’. We want someone who will take responsibility for Chip’s customer facing product, steer it with the customer in mind and not accept anything less than the very best for the product and Chip’s customers.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll execute our product roadmap and help scale some of our main features to our users. In other words, you’ll be:
- Taking a significant user need or pain-point and figuring what the solution might be
- Coordinating across complex dependencies to go from idea to successful implementation
- Collaborating with teams across Chip to align plans, unblock development, and communicate changes with our customers
- Working autonomously through the backlog while making sure that features get delivered quickly and efficiently,
- Tracking and monitoring your features’ performance and functionality after launch to iterate and improve on them.
- Work closely with our senior leadership team and our cross functional teams to help define and deliver our product roadmap
- Communicate with your team to continuously improve how you work together, making sure everyone is productive, happy and efficient
- Spread your knowledge and mentor other product managers within the team.
You should apply if:
- You have a strong background in shipping world-class products in a fast-growing companies (sorry, this might not be for you if you’re early on in your career, we’re after someone with proven experience)
- You’re confident and able to take direct ownership over product development
- You’re passionate about building the best possible user experience, and you monitor your metrics to see whether you’re delivering
- You’re comfortable working in a technical team that deals with ambiguity and highly complex problems every day
- You have excellent communication skills and can share your knowledge and have mentored other product managers
- What we’re doing here at Chip excites you!
- Competitive Salary
- Share option scheme. We recently secured £4m in Series A funding valuing the company at over £18m. All the team have share options in the company as we work together to achieve great results for the company.
- 5% interest bonus on all Chip savings
- Brand New MacBook Pro, or equivalent.
- Workplace pension scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted + bank holidays + Xmas to New year but policy not to count) ✈️
- Free Classpass membership
- Based in the heart of Shoreditch, Brick lane and Spitalfields
- Monthly team lunches in a thriving food scene