Product Marketing Manager (New Products) // iwoca
At iwoca, we’re here to expand possibilities for small businesses by making financing fair and flexible. We blend the best of humans and technology to deliver a service that customers love and we want to keep anticipating our customers needs and expectations for years to come.
Our mission is to finance one million small businesses and solve the huge funding gap that exists for SME’s in Europe. Over the past 7 years we’ve supported 50,000 small businesses across Europe – and now our plans are accelerating have won a £10,000,000 grant from the government in August. Our vision is to offer small businesses finance when and where they need it: building the UK’s largest ecosystem for SME finance, launching two new financial products whilst continuing to grow our core business.
We are launching a new product called iwocaPay which will help billers get paid faster and allow payers to pay when its suits them and we’re looking for a Startup Product Marketing Manager to join a new cross-functional product development and launch team. We’re making products that have never been built before: so we need someone on the ground to make sure they’re positioned in the right way, launch successfully and provide a great customer experience. They’ll also be responsible for helping to identify and implement improvements to our existing products.
How we think you’ll get there:
- You’ll be an integral part of our dedicated Product development team: helping set the direction, objectives and design of the new product based on a deep understanding of small business owners
- You’ll work with all kinds of data and insights to help us ensure we’re targeting the right customers with the right product
- You’ll craft the messaging for our iwocaPay product: from defining the overall value proposition to ironing out copy for specific customer segments
- You’ll take ownership of the go-to-market strategies: delivering smart launch plans and working with channel owners to ensure successful implementation
- You’ll create assets to help internal teams understand the vision, value and technicalities of our products and how best to communicate this to customers
- Finally, you’ll be our brand guardian for product – ensuring that everything we build is ‘iwocan’ to the core
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll:
- Be comfortable working on early stage ideas and ambiguous environments they start in.
- Really care about customer experience: you’ll need to be able to put yourself in their shoes and make sure we build great
- Probably have a few years of marketing under your belt (or experience in an early stage startup)
- Need to work well in a cross-functional team: pushing for team success and helping to identify / fill gaps when they occur
- Need to switch from high level strategic thinking to the impact that has on small details: from the value proposition to how email forms part of your launch plan, from identifying broader research areas to how to phrase specific questions
- Be confident with data: using qualitative and quantitative insights to help make sure this in the basis for every decision we make. You’ll be supported by the wider analytics team, but you will need to be comfortable with numbers
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- A lovely office in central London, right by Tottenham Court Road
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.