Junior Product Manager // Appear Here
Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry leading brands to exciting start-ups. From the guy with just an idea to the established brands like Chanel, Nike, Spotify and Netflix, we are here to make their idea happen by connecting them to the best spaces globally and providing a seamless experience to match their different needs and aspirations.
We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date – from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the biggest in the retail and property industry, such as Natalie Massenet, founder of Net-a-Porter. Named one of Wired Magazine’s ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies’, Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries, and so far 200,000+ brands and thousands of landlords joined our mission.
As a part of our Product team, you will be a key part of revolutionising our platform and bringing new features to life. You’ll be building an amazing user experience for brands and landlords globally. As well as creating a seamless backend platform for our Concierge Team and Landlord Partners.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—new destinations, technologies, and services. It’s a great time to join and be part of our increasingly diverse team that focus on finding creative solutions and, ultimately, empowering our global community. Come join us!
Appear Here is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our cross competency Product team to own and develop consumer and internal facing digital products within the marketplace. Product and technology is at the heart of Appear Here, it is a driving force behind its success and ability to encourage behavioural change in a long standing industry. We have relentless commitment to building innovative products for each site of the marketplace. Our Product Manager will help develop and execute a product vision for one half of the marketplace.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Be the product manager’s right hand
- Collaborate with developers, designers and senior product managers on the conception and delivery of our product.
- Support in the planning of projects while overseeing the delivery of releases using agile principles
- Help ensure the design for the product provides the best value for the given initiative, and ensure that measures are in place to accurately reflect the value achieved
- Identify product requirements together with the team and write clear user stories and feature specifications that are ready to be implemented by the development team
- Contribute to the development of the roadmap and prioritization of user stories
- Monitor product performance on an ongoing basis
- Follow agile principles and help cultivate Kanban culture at Appear Here
- Working in partnership with other product managers to ensure cohesion across product roadmaps
WHY WE LIKE YOU
- Able to break complex problems into simpler ones
- Clear communicator, able to bridge the gap between the business and technology worlds
- Passionate about lean and agile environment, with a willingness to adapt and learn in a fast paced environment
- Experience working as a project/product manager or scrum master is a plus but not mandatory
- Design background is a plus
WHY YOU LIKE US
We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Plenty of social activities, including board games evening at the office, product team nights out (bowling, darts, mini-golf, and more) and a monthly product team lunch at a local restaurant
Hear from amazing speakers within different industries. Appear Here hosts an ‘Underground Session’ event each month, inviting 4 experts to share their experiences and opinions. We also have an internal ‘Global Gathering’ once a year which includes exclusive talks from investors, industry-leading brands, and inspiring members of our community.
Sharing culture through our ‘Product talks’. If you have learned something new, this is the place to share it with the team through a short presentation.
Friday lunch once a week our company comes together for a team lunch. This is an opportunity to get to know people from different teams while enjoying dishes from our favourite local restaurants.
SOME MORE PERKS
- Stock options. We believe everyone should be an owner.
- Scale with the business. This role offers the potential to have an incredible career trajectory.
- Team socials. From blindfolded martini making to sound baths, we organise quarterly team events that go big on experiences.
- Breakfast and snacks throughout the day (including our favourite cheeseboard).
- Work with different teams, across different projects.
- Best idea wins. Whether you’re an intern or the CTO, if you can make the case for it, we’ll make it happen.
- Opportunities and budget for personal learning development.
- Great location. We’re right next door to two of the best food markets in London. In your first week, we’ll send you out with different teams to show you the best eating spots.