Business Operations Manager, UK // Robinhood
Robinhood’s mission is to democratise finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in. Since launching in the U.S., Robinhood has empowered more than ten million Americans to participate in the financial markets. Now, we’re working on bringing Robinhood’s commission-free investing platform to the UK, our first international market. Be a part of the small and fast-growing London team that’s scaling our mission globally.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognised as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re backed with more than $860 million in capital from top-tier investors and were most recently valued at $7.6 billion. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park – California, with offices in Lake Mary – Florida, Denver – Colorado and London – UK.
About the role
As part of a small and growing team, reporting directly to and working closely with the UK CEO, you will independently lead initiatives to accelerate our mission to democratise finance for all, and to bring commission-free investing to the UK. We’ve only just dipped our toes into the UK market and are a small, highly collaborative team doing whatever we can to support our UK customers.
You are a problem-solver, with a track-record of creating change in ambiguous environments, and like creating something out of nothing. Your experience is less important than your curiosity, rigour in thinking, and your ‘get it done’ mindset. You will work on a range of projects that include identifying new strategic opportunities, managing our partners in the UK, identifying new ways for us to reach customers through partnerships, and building out new parts of our UK organisation.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- You will project manage critical cross-functional initiatives that increase operational efficiency and effectiveness while reducing risk.
- You will support the UK business by analysing important metrics that tell us how we are delivering for customers, across different functions and identifying ways to improve them across customer support, operations, marketing etc.
- You will identify opportunities for growth and structure projects to capitalise on them, finding partners, structuring agreements and building the processes with different parts of our team to help us reach more people
- You will manage important partners that support our business, negotiate agreements, and make sure they are providing the best service to our customers
- You will support leadership with decisions on the development of the organisation, and help us build the right culture for a scaling organisation
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- A record of academic achievement (top-tier MBA a plus); bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- 5+ years working including some time in Business Partnerships, Strategy Consulting, Venture Capital or a leadership role in a high growth business
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, prioritise and juggle multiple projects, evidenced by a track-record of doing this.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and a strong sense of ownership.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with designing metrics and communicating data driven insights.
- Experience working with partners, structuring and negotiating agreements, managing relationships
- Working knowledge of the UK fintech ecosystem
- Strong background in product
- Built your own business, on the side or full time
- Managed people
- Lean six-sigma or similar certifications
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratising finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.