Regional Accountant // ClassPass
ClassPass – the largest all-access fitness membership with a global network of premium studios is aggressively growing its international business.
Over the past year we have launched in over 25 international markets and this pace of expansion is set to continue!
About the right team member:
We are looking for a highly motivated, analytically-driven, strategic accounting professional to join our Finance team as ClassPass continues to grow its footprint around the world.
This role will serve as a key driver on finance and accounting operations, playing an instrumental part in ensuring accuracy of financial statements and covering statutory reporting requirements across the EMEA region. This position will take the lead on managing various finance needs in Europe including Accounting, Reporting, Tax and Treasury. To succeed in this role, you’ll need a comprehensive understanding of US GAAP and local GAAP, sound business judgement as well as strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Preparation and continued maintenance of accounts ensuring timely and accurate completion of all tasks
- Help drive and support the monthly financial statement close process ensuring all accounts are reconciled monthly and reported to ClassPass HQ in accordance with the close calendar
- Lead timely and accurate completion of statutory reporting requirements across a rapidly growing number of EMEA entities
- Manage audit cycles, as required and in accordance with local regulations
- Maintain statutory ledgers to track US GAAP vs. local GAAP/IFRS differences
- Support the execution and implementation of the company’s global tax strategy
- Assist tax team and communicate with local tax advisors to ensure compliance with all relevant tax deadlines and regulations
- Oversee regional treasury activity and serve as the main contact for market specific billing inquiries
- Oversee market specific Travel and Expense process and ensure policy compliance
- Other ad hoc reporting projects as assigned
- BA/BS degree in accounting and/or finance
- CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualifications preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS and/or UK GAAP experience
- Experience in start-up environment is a big plus
- Have the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, highly adaptive environment
- Detail-oriented, well organised, and able to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects at once
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with intermediate Excel skills
- Right to work in the UK
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.