Financial Controller // Trouva
Trouva is one of the fastest growing tech businesses in Europe (TNW Tech5), one of Wired Magazine’s hottest European Startups and is 3rd in the prestigious Startups 100 Index, ranking the UK’s best high growth startups.
A software-enabled marketplace, Trouva brings customers beautiful homewares from the best independent boutiques around the world. We’re building a different kind of e-commerce experience, driven by discovery and inspiration. Using cutting edge technology, Trouva harnesses the expertise of the best bricks-and-mortar shops from Shoreditch to Stockholm, and scales their offering online to connect with a global customer base seeking unique, hard-to-find homewares.
Backed by world-leading investors, we’re growing incredibly quickly and are looking for exceptional people to join the Trouva family.
What you’ll do:
Reporting into the Head of Business Operations and working closely with our Finance Executive and Business Operations Analyst, our ideal candidate will be a qualified Accountant with a sound in-house or audit background, who demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and is hungry to help us develop our finance function at a global level.
More specifically, we are looking for someone who will:
- Manage and improve our monthly management accounts process, including variance analysis, reporting and reconciliations
- Prepare the statutory accounts and manage tax compliance (Corporate tax returns, VAT returns, PAYE, EC sales list)
- Be responsible for our AP process, including critical supplier and Boutique payments
- Document our processes and develop our control framework, evaluating and managing risk
- Coordinate our Audit process and work closely with our Auditors to implement change
- Drive process improvements with the mindset of continuous improvement, with a focus on efficiency through automation whether this means process change using excel/Xero, implementing new add-on software or working with our product team to build internal software
- Work closely with our advisers and the business to coordinate the setup of our international entities and manage their compliance
- Support the Head of Business Operations and Founders with budget forecast and cash flow forecast analysis
- Develop a culture of partnering across the business – working closely with Leads to provide more valuable and timely information
- Support with the development of Trouva’s finance strategy
- Educate the business on finance and tax matters so that we can be proactive in managing change
Who you are
You are looking for a role where you get rapid exposure to what it’s like operating in a top high growth startup, and you want to roll up your sleeves and learn by getting stuck in. You are a team player, enjoy developing others and a strong communicator. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are happy juggling various tasks, respond with initiative to challenges and can quickly adapt to changing priorities. You are structured, process driven, organised and pay close attention to detail.
In terms of technical skills:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA,CIMA or equivalent)
- 5 years + audit or in house finance experience (2+ years post qualified)
- Retail, marketplace or ecommerce background an advantage but by no means essential
- Intermediate Excel (Advanced excel an advantage)
- Knowledge of Xero or other finance systems preferable