Product Designer – Customer Engagement // Twilio
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio seeks a Product Designer to be a key leader in defining a new product offering at Twilio in the customer engagement space. The person in this role will be critical in shaping the interfaces for Twilio’s audience and personalization applications. As part of this team, you will help design tools and products for some of Twilio’s largest customers – discovering, defining, and designing experiences that enable and empower their communications. The ideal candidate will be a designer who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design, an advocate of our customer-informed process, and a supporter and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision making, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrates technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and has experience running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback and the ability to provide useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Experience designing and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- 4+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development.
- Ideal but not required – previous life as a FE engineer, website builder, or tinkerer outside of work!
You live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Engage with our developer community to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Define, design, review, test and specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks and tools for developer experiences. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- DRAW THE OWL: Navigate ambiguity through a scientific mindset – stating hypotheses, testing, learning and adapting.
- DON’T SETTLE: Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- NO SHENANIGANS & BE INCLUSIVE: Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the world’s communications. Increasingly, we’re hearing from our B2C customers that they’re struggling to harness the massive amounts of valuable data they generate, much of which stems from the communications we help them send. We seek to uncover how Twilio can help customers utilize their valuable data to create unique, individualized experiences that their competitors can’t replicate. We want to help them become more proactive (outcome-driven) than reactive (event-driven) in their customer engagements. We are a new initiative and team at Twilio that will function much like an internal start-up. If you want to shape the future of B2C Customer Engagement and Twilio, this project is for you!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be in our beautiful office located at 7 Soho Square. You will enjoy our incredible perks: ergonomic workspaces, a wellness room, massages, monthly team breakfast and dinner, catered lunches twice a week, snacks, fresh fruit, regular team and office events and activities, monthly global All Hands, happy hours and much more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.