Brand Designer (London) // Pleo
January 21, 2020
Some people think that great designers “let their work speak for itself”.
But at Pleo, we value designers who are great not only because they create striking visuals – but because they can also explain how they got there.
We’ve got a new brand identity and the way we look is changing. Our design briefs are coming in thick and fast right now.
But that’s enough about us… it’s more important to talk about you.
You’ll bring your design creativity to Pleo – lots of ideas, variations, the ability to tweak things against tight deadlines.
Our bet is you enjoy communicating with colleagues who might not have your experience – and working with them to nail the finished product.
It’s good that you’re rigorous and speak up where you think things could be improved.
And it’s OK if you get bugged by inconsistency or missed opportunities. We do too.
After all, Pleo will become your living portfolio, with your work spread across our revamped website, our sales collateral, our ads, our product marketing… and so much more.
It’s going to be a portfolio that you’re proud of.
Pleo offers businesses a smarter way to spend money, taking away the stress of traditional expenses management and employees paying out-of-pocket.
With Pleo, people are empowered.
We’ve got offices across Europe and a workforce of 200+, drawn from over 42 nationalities.
Now we need someone – to be based in our London, Berlin or Copenhagen offices – to help us look our best.
Things you will be doing
- Working from creative briefs, you’ll develop ideas from first concept to finished design across a variety of platforms
- Embracing our new brand identity and ensuring consistency in how it’s featured across our marketing materials
- Managing your project load to ensure that deadlines are met and stakeholders are satisfied
- Supporting with design localisation projects for ads, collateral, the website and beyond
- Communicating ideas and choices behind your design decisions with colleagues from across Pleo – and reworking concepts based on feedback if necessary
Who you are
- A focused, enthusiastic graphic/marketing/web designer
- Someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, with plenty of input from across departments
- Based in (or happy to relocate to) Copenhagen, London or Berlin
- Experience with motion design is a huge bonus
- It’s a bonus too if you’ve got any experience working in translated design assets, and also if you’ve spent any time working with brand guidelines, we’d love to hear about it
Your colleagues say that you
- Always surpass their expectations with your designs – even when they weren’t quite sure how to explain what they wanted
- Are happy to talk them through your work and just as happy when they have some tweaks to suggest
- Don’t leave them hanging when they Slack you for an update on a project
- Know when it’s time to brainstorm wacky ideas… and when it’s time to get cracking
Show me the benefits!
- Get your own Pleo card, which means full autonomy and no out-of-pocket spending
- Flexible work – and we really meant that. Work from where you want, when you want, for whatever reason you want. We trust you.
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- Twice a year, our entire company gets together at a team camp. We’ve just been to Northern Ireland, we’d love to see you at the next one!
And here are some other nice things that we offer
- 25 days of annual holidays, on top of the standardised festive and bank-related ones, of course
- Catered lunch
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc – we’ll help (venue, food etc)
Working at Pleo means you’re working on something very exciting: the future of work.
Through Fintech, we’ve seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending.
And being HQ’d out of Copenhagen means we’re inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance.
Visit the company websitePleo