Graduate IT Specialist // viagogo
We’re looking to add another exceptional member to our team, who will join us to help fight any fires (reactive), but constantly be searching for ways to prevent those problems from happening again (proactive).
You’ll be working to support not only business users with a wide skill range, but also a large technical team of developers who have exacting requirements for performance, correctness, and a pragmatic and no-nonsense approach to getting stuff done.
If this sounds like the kind of role that might interest you, read on for some more details and apply below.
Working as part of the IT & Facilities team you’ll be responsible for everything from keeping the lights on (in the most literal sense if required!) to conducting projects that impact the entire enterprise:
- Resolve service requests using the ticketing system
- Cloud migrations (O365, Azure AD)
- Upgrades to core networking (Inter-site connectivity, MPLS/VPN config
- Self-service compute on demand (Hyper-V cluster management, machine automation)
- Deploying software and upgrades (Win10 upgrades, group policy management)
The best candidates will also get the chance to work with our production infrastructure, which supports a website used by hundreds of thousands of people every day.
You’ll be working in a small team of fellow professionals supporting a rapidly growing business that still feels like a start-up. Support and exceptional service are definitely a part of this role, and you’ll need to be an excellent communicator, with a strong command of written & spoken English.
In order to succeed at this role you need to be:
- Technically curious – learning & understanding are your bywords
- Humble & scrappy – you like to get things done
- Passionate & driven – with a strong interest in IT and Technology
A strong technical background is required, though you don’t need to be proficient in all the core technologies (AD, Networking, Exchange, Windows Server) as you’re smart and can figure them out with the help of the team around you (and Google).
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →