Full Stack Software Developer // Sparrow
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will be part of a close-knit and incredibly motivated team and share responsibility for its successes and failures but deliver on the technical front.
At Sparrow, we like to surround ourselves with those who want to win, beat the status-quo and build something that leaves a tremendous mark on the space we’re in. Our team consists of those who proactively share their knowledge to ensure we have the best technical solutions and business processes. Identifying improvements and celebrating victories are important.
If you want to learn and develop whilst contributing ideas and solving major challenges, this team is for you.
Your role will include influencing, collaborating and coordinating in order to:
- Design, develop and deliver high quality products or systems that exceed our users’ expectations
- Implement requirements for new functionality and changes to our existing stack
- Ensure that project progress is communicated effectively and delivered to schedule, and that only changes that have been approved/signed off are implemented
- Deliver code that adheres to best practises and that has been tested thoroughly locally before its updated
- A combining passion for software development, opening to new ideas and technologies
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner delivering a product
- High energy, and have a hunger and desire to win with a no excuse attitude
- Experience with developing complex software systems
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
- Demonstrate record of contributions to open source projects
- Have an understanding of making customer insight and data-driven decisions
We enjoy a high performing culture with a strong emphasis on developing our people. We will help you achieve your goals through regular career development plans, a commitment to continuous professional development and the freedom to unleash your potential. We have a number of experienced high-profile technical advisers who will be available for guidance and familiarity of the technical capabilities if required.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Machine Learning – Experience with machine learning, information retrieval, algorithmic complexity, data mining, pricing and optimisation
- Data Processing – Experience with building and maintaining large scale and/or real-time complex data processing pipelines using Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Storm and Zookeeper
- A competitive salary depending on experience plus a discretionary performance based bonus plan
- Generous holiday allowance incl. 20 days of holiday plus extra two-week entitlement over the Christmas period
- Regular company off-sites and company away days
- Regular team lunches
- Books and course allowances
- A unique working environment that will recognise your achievements and celebrate milestones
- Office VR and Ping Pong Table
- A copy of Black Box Thinking, by Matthew Syed
Sparrow’s two co-founders have commercial and operational experience gained from Investment Banking. We are passionate, hungry and determined to make a significant difference in transport and mobility. We have a strong advisory board that includes a technical advisor with over 15 years experience in the industry. We also have strong mentors who have successfully built startups and fundraised upwards of £30m and helped formulate and guide the strategy to date.
We believe in our team and product. If you are interested in joining our competitive, but rewarding and impactful journey, then get in touch!
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →