Operations Analyst – Payments Focus // Growth Street
You will develop a deep understanding of how we work as a business and become the expert for our marketplace that matches lenders and borrowers. You will own payment reporting & monitoring processes and learn about regulatory requirements for start-ups in financial services. This role is a great opportunity for those who are keen to take ownership over a critical business area in fast-growing financial technology start up and are not afraid to get their hands dirty.
At Growth Street, we are passionate about helping businesses maximise their potential, making applying for credit as quick and easy as possible.
We have crafted an efficient marketplace for both borrowers and lenders, so they can get a better deal and a better service than the banks can offer. We are not a bank, and we are far more than an alternative lender. We are the future of business finance. With lines of credit up to £1,000,000 for UK businesses to borrow, our marketplace allows businesses to grow.
- Monitor and reconcile transactions, payment volumes and more across all our systems daily
- Be the go-to-person for payment activities and behaviours for senior stakeholders from Engineering, Legal, Credit and Commercial
- Use strong problem solving skills and a deep understanding of our systems to resolve incidents with our customers in mind
- Produce weekly transaction activity forecasts for our external partners
- Establish & maintain regular reports for management and investors on loan operations activities
- Maintain and improve a reporting suite for auditing by third parties and for management purposes
Depending on your experience and drive, we would also like you to get involved in the following activities:
- Drive forward the automation of all payment operations work by leading on various projects
- Work with Business Intelligence towards establishing fully automated loan operations reporting
- Work with our Operations Director and Head of Product to establish product requirements for payment and fraud monitoring going forward
- Evaluate and initiate new product opportunities that have a direct impact on our customers
- Strong data analysis and Excel skills are absolutely essential (from conceptualisation to presentation)
- Relevant experience – for example in payment operations, customer support, and/or auditing – is an advantage
- Work experience in a start-up environment preferred but not required
- SQL skills in no way required but could be a plus
Competencies & Traits
We expect you to be…
- Process driven – You understand processes intuitively, are highly organised, and are constantly on the lookout to improve the way you work. You love tweaking things.
- Collaborative – You seek first to understand and then to be understood. You communicate your actions and intentions clearly – verbally as well as in a written form.
- Proactive – You have a proactive attitude towards problems. You pay attention to details and think about the implications of what you are doing.
- Tenacious – We work in a regulated environment where change must be approached carefully – and payment operations are at the core of what we do. You see this as a challenge and get things done by having the right mix of patience and tenacity.
A good CV or highly relevant work experience alone are often not a good indicator of role- and culture-fit. You should see yourself in the above list of competencies/traits. During the interview stages, you will be tested systematically on each of them.
- Salary: £25-40k, depending on experience
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary (after probation period)
- Free breakfast & fruit, budget for books, weekly lunch & learns and more…
Growth Street recruits the best talent from around the world: 40% of the team started life outside the UK. We also welcome applications from within EU (Brexit or no Brexit!).
The role is based in our London offices. We are located 5 minutes from Liverpool Street and 3 minutes from Aldgate tube station.
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →