City Manager – London // Zipjet
Who we are
Zipjet is Europe’s leading on-demand laundry & dry cleaning service, operating in London, Paris and Berlin. We take the hassle of laundry off our customers’ hands, so they can spend more time doing the things they enjoy. To do this, we’ve created a cutting-edge, app-based service that allows our customers to have their laundry collected and delivered back to them in as little as six hours. Think of us as a remote control for your laundry pile!
Our service is available on mobile apps (iOS & Android) and via our website. We strive for operational excellence and build solutions to serve large numbers of customer in a highly reliable and autonomous manner.
We’re a young team of about 50 people across our three cities, with a great mix of previous professional experience. Our backgrounds are diverse, both culturally and professionally. One thing we all have in common, though, is that we are passionate about making Zipjet a success.
About the role
We are looking for a City Manager (Operations Lead) for our London team.
- Managing the strong London team of Operations Supervisors, Customer Care Agents and Operations Interns, helping the team to develop whilst ensuring our customers are put centre stage
- Managing a Driver Manager, ensuring he/she is able to recruit and retain a strong network of drivers across London
- Managing a Facility Manager, ensuring he/she is able to build and maintain mutually-beneficial relationships with our facility partnerships
- Reporting on company objectives & key results, particularly those set by the Head of Operations
- Hiring and developing the best talent for the team
- Delivering strong and sustained growth, managing your own P&L
- Acting as a thought leader within London’s tech ecosystem – know your city!
Who you are
- You have a proven track record, with 3 to 5 years of professional experience, e.g. in operations management, startups, consulting / investment banking
- You are familiar with, and interested in, the internet and e-commerce sector
- You have a degree in business administration, logistics, economics, engineering or a related field from a top university (or equivalent experience)
- Strong background in operations management and continuous process improvements
- You have previously managed a small to medium sized team
- You have experience training and developing a team
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Any former experience in on-demand delivery and/or passion for laundry is a definite plus!
- We offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours
- You will have a real impact at a fast-growing startup, revolutionising the laundry delivery space across the globe
- You will within a highly motivated and inspirational team
- Healthy snacks, drinks and free laundry every month
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →