Senior copywriter // Gousto
Do you want to be part of crafting one of the leading household brands of this decade?
A rare opportunity to join Gousto in a pivotal brand position has opened up. We know that a brand is not our product, not our logo, not our name, it is what our customers are saying about us. It is our reputation, it’s that gut feeling that a person gets when we pop into their head. We obsess over this feeling.
To ensure that customers are hearing us loud and clear, and in the way that we intend, we need an extremely talented wordsmith as part of our team. Gousto are looking for a senior copywriter. Hello you.
Oh and you need to be commercial – we haven’t got this far by ignoring numbers… Our product offering is the best in the recipe kit category and by the end of the year we want to make sure that the world and their husbands know so.
Where you will be marking your mark:
– Contributing to our brand (part of a cross functional team) and developing our brand personality (which will define how we look and sound, and so much more)
– Developing our TOV (this will be your baby – you will have full ownership of this)
– Optimising copy across all platforms (website, social, in the box communications, marketing materials) – you will have defined our TOV so you’ll want to make sure that all our our copy is ‘on brand’, right? You will have to work with multiple teams across the company, let’s hope you like talking as much as you like writing
– Weekly copy for recipes, additional products and customer communications. TOV belongs to you so you’ll have to make sure that it is being upheld across all comms. Consistency is vital
– Working on an ‘on brand’ content strategy with our content creator – this should utilise multiple different media, we want to find the most powerful ways to get our brand in the forefront of people’s minds, let’s think of some creative ways to do this…
- A leader – we need you to drive change, to inspire your team, to instill confidence in stakeholders
- You are obsessed with food (We are)
- You are happy presenting to the board, to pitch to the leadership team, or talk to a room full of customers for insight
- You can write copy that is tailored to a target audience with exceptional confidence and flair
- You know how important copy is and what a difference it can make to sales – you’ll refine test and refine copy to ensure that our brand gets across but sales are optimised
- You understand that in the digital world speed is nonnegotiable
- Deadlines are your friends; you work quickly and efficiently without compromising on quality
- You’re detail oriented and will see a misplaced comma a mile off, but can also zoom out and see the bigger picture
- You are comfortable interpreting complex briefs and delivering assets to meet stakeholders’ requirements
- You understand how to engage with a target audience on any platform and wherever they are in their customer journey
- You like to keep up to date with new trends and developments in the world of marketing and advertising
- You have a strong commercial awareness, and are adept at creating copy designed to achieve specific business objectives
- A good awareness of SEO best-practice would be advantageous
Task – Once successful at the CV + cover letter (500 words max.) stage, you will be asked to complete a writing task to demonstrate your copywriting ability and culinary know-how
- 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Coffee, tea and fruit provided every day to keep you fresh
- Wine and beer provided every Friday evening
- As many new recipes to test cook as you can manage
- 50% staff discount on Gousto boxes
- Free gym membership after a year
- Childcare vouchers
- Quarterly all-company socials
- Regular team socials
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it’s deeply important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →